[R-SIG-Mac] R-GUI deployment

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon May 15 16:14:32 CEST 2006

On May 15, 2006, at 7:18 AM, Federico Calboli wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have R-GUI 1.16, and apart from the demo() function, all seems to
> work. I notice that at:
>
> http://r.research.att.com/
>
> the R-GUI is 3132  deployment... should I upgrade? more generally,
> is a 'deployment' R-GUI stable enough for general use?

The Deployment/Debug tells you only how 'chatty' is the build ;).

Currently it is safe to use the nightly builds, because there is no
big construction in progress, so they are in fact just bugfixes (and
hence highly recommended ;)). We are contemplating a re-write, but we
wouldn't do that without branching off first, so it should be safe
for a while.