[R-SIG-Mac] graphviz

Julin Maloof jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu
Sun Mar 19 21:59:27 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

Looks like you have two installations of graphviz; the one in sw/ is from fink.  I am not sure why it would interfere, but perhaps you should use fink to remove the one in sw.

I assume you saw my post to the group last night...Seth's recommendation to you worked for me once I used gcc_select 3.3 (the original suggestion to me to either export the LD_PATH or specify the graphviz location directly to R did not work).

that is,

#check to see that usr/local/lib/graphviz and usr/local/lib/pkginfo exist (created from the graphviz installation)

#make sure gcc3.3 is set up correctly:
sudo gcc_select 3.3

#export the location.  Note that the expot command doesn't work in csh or tcsh, so you should use bash
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

#then compile and install Rgaphviz
R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz_1.8.0.tar.gz

hope that helps...

Julin