[R-SIG-Mac] R set up on Mac OS 10.4.5

Mon Mar 13 18:15:14 CET 2006

You need to start the X server and to set the DISPLAY environment
variable. You should be familiar with starting the X server given
that you are already running xterm. The DISPLAY variable may be set
by creating the file
    ~/.profile
containing
   export  DISPLAY=:0.0
(you can also use .bashrc/.bash_profile but as far as I know Apple
have simplified to .profile).

/Kasper