[R-SIG-Mac] Window titles

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jun 19 16:36:29 CEST 2006

Paul,

On Jun 17, 2006, at 8:02 AM, Paul Roebuck wrote:

> Is there a means to provide a title for a Quartz window?

Yes, now introduced in 3244: you can specify the desired name in the
call to quartz, e.g.
quartz("My Precious Plot")
We have never used the device name, so now we have at least some use
for it ;). Thanks for the request. Apparently the description for the
`quartz' command is bogus as well, it is copied form the X11 device
and the device parameter makes no sense at all. I'll think about some
more reasonable parameters/description for R-devel.

> When running code that creates lots of plots, it would be nice to
> be able to choose the desired window based on its title rather than
> attempting to remember the associated window number. Even better if
> the Window menu could display this information as well.

Yes, the window title and the windows menu are directly linked.