[R-SIG-Mac] Where oh where is the idiot list for Mac, people who are special?

Julin Maloof jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jun 11 18:01:45 CEST 2006

D,

As noted by Stefano, installation should be as simple as downloading the .dmg and clicking on the installer.

If your questions are about R in general, 3 books that have helped me or people in my lab that are learning R are:

1) "Introductory Statistics with R" by Peter Dalgaard
A quick introduction for people that know some basic stats.

2) "Statistics : An Introduction using R" by Michael J. Crawley
Teaches some stats along the way.

3) "Statistical Computing : An Introduction to Data Analysis using S-Plus" by Michael J. Crawley
More in depth than the two above.

There are a number of other excellent books out there (see link below); I list the ones above because those are what I happen to have used.

http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html

-J.

--
Julin Maloof