[R-SIG-Mac] The GUI defaults on japanese in my environment.

Charles Plessy charles-listes-r at plessy.org
Tue Jun 6 07:42:53 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am using the R GUI on a powermac G5 running Tiger, and despite having
selected English as a language in the systems preferences, the GUI tries
to speak to me in Japanese. It is a very aware GUI, for it may have
smelled the flagrance of green tea on my desk, as I am indeed
geographically localised in Japan. However, I am not expert enough in
japanese to read error messages...

More seriously, I figured out that it uses the "Region" information in the
"Format" tab of the "International" section of the preferences, which I
set to japanese to have the dates and currencies japanese-style. I would
be inclined to call this a bug, but maybe it is an intentionnal
behaviour?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles