[R-SIG-Mac] Need indexing program for OS-X.4.7

Dwight Hines duh-judahgator at se.rr.com
Fri Jul 28 00:27:10 CEST 2006

I'm finishing up a long manuscript and I need a good free or cheap
indexing program for my Pismo.   The ideal program will allow me to
just name the files with the manuscript, and the program will take
them and then make a long alphabetical list of words and names, like
you find in the back of books, with what page numbers they are on.
It would be wonderful if the program would handle text and pdf but
text is the main thing.

I would like to be able to be able to tell the program ahead of time
what words NOT to list, like all of the words in this sentence would
not be included.  I would need to be able to exclude numbers in the
word list but include them in a different list, like dates and amounts.

I have downloaded Wikinotes, Annotape, and MTlibrarian.  Each looks
like work to learn to use and I thought that I would avoid the
initial comparison of them by asking the list.

I'm running OS-X.4.7 with no problems and have OS-9 available for
classic programs.
Dwight