[R-SIG-Mac] Quartz questions

Tim Cole Tim.Cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 17:08:47 CEST 2006

I'm running R 2.3.1 on OS 10.4.7 with R GUI 1.17-pre (3343).

1. args(quartz) says it defaults to 5x5 inches i.e. 360x360 pixels.
But I find it gives 6x6 (432x432) instead, and the width and height
arguments are ignored.

2. Simon recently added a name to the quartz window as the first
argument. How do I make an inactive window called "fred" the active
window? If I repeat quartz("fred") it creates another window of the
same name.

3. I have two identical G4 setups, at home and at work, but quartz
graphics work differently on them. On the work machine graphs look
grainy on moderate magnification, whereas the same graphics on the
home machine look fine. I can't currently provide chapter and verse
for this, but my question is what (if anything) in the R setup on the
two machines might explain such a difference in behaviour.

Thanks,
Tim Cole
--
Tim.Cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk Phone +44(0)20 7905 2666 Fax +44(0)20 7905 2381
Paed. Epid. & Biostats, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK