[R-SIG-Mac] Errors loading gmp library

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jul 3 19:54:16 CEST 2006

Oscar and Terry,

apparently this is the second report on gmp, but unfortunately I
cannot reproduce it. I have tried on multiple machines, but it works
for me.

Are you using the CRAN binary of R? Which version of gmp are you
using? Where did you install it from?

Also in case this is a problem with a mirror, please try installing
the package like this:
install.packages("gmp",,"http://R.research.att.com/")
and let me know whether it makes a difference. Additional question:
did you install Xcode? (You don't need to, just checking..).

Thanks,
Simon