[R-SIG-Mac] R won't close normally, more...

bob pruzek rmpruzek at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 05:43:55 CEST 2006

OS 10.4.7 on iMac intel 1.87 Ghz, 1 Mb Ram
R 2.3.1

This is a new system, R recently loaded...
1.  When I try to quit a session, I get message:
    cannot find finalizeSession
despite the fact that my .Last is:
.Last
function (...)
{
    finalizeSession()
}
2. Although the X11 package loads (outside of R),
apparently successfully, opening X11 at the R console
always fails.  (Furthermore tcltk is not on the binary
list either, nor is rgl, and I wonder why this is the
case; I have tried in the past to load these directly
from the CRAN site, but that inevitably failed too (on
my G4, see below) )
3.  I have tried without success to load a workspace
file created w/ R (also 2.3.1) on my Powerbook G4.
Should it be possible to load this on the iMac,
perhaps with some special considerations?  Any
suggestions?
    Thank you, R Pruzek