[R-SIG-Mac] New intel based laptops

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jan 25 19:50:48 CET 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Sean Davis wrote:

>> that have been reported. As of performance, don't hold your
>> breath, Core Duo is fast for daily use, but not particularly good
>> at computing like BLAS.
>
> Is this something that is likely to change?  Will new chips going
> into high-end desktops have the same issue?

I have no idea and I would hope not. I'm pretty curious as of what
Apple wants to use to replace the current quad-G5 line which is
really fast. For now, AMD64 X2 is still the clear winner compared to
everyone else, but who knows what the landscape will look like by the
end of 2006 ... (and Steve has always an ace up his sleeve ;)).