[R-SIG-Mac] mactel

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 24 19:45:11 CET 2006

The combination of the bundled gcc-4.0.1 and the gfortran-4.0.1 from GNU
CVS installed over 90% over all CRAN packages without problems. The
only dynamic
libs used from /usr/local are libgcc and libgfortran. This is still
on one of the
developer transition machines, so no dual core or anything.

Most of the packages that are not build require either specific
libraries or specific OS
(i.e. Windows) features -- so we are doing fine so far.

None of this passes all checks -- but I needed something for my new
machines.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8125 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org