[R-SIG-Mac] make problem 2.2.1

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Jan 21 21:09:59 CET 2006

Rober,

On Jan 21, 2006, at 1:28 PM, roger koenker wrote:

> I'm trying to make 2.2.1 from source on a G5 running 10.4.4 and
> using gcc 4.0.0 and gfortran (which seemed to be ok for my last
> 2.1.0 build)  --- but I now am getting:

Solution see below - but I'd be interested in your exact setup.
Please send me the version information of all compilers involved.

> Error in solve.default(rgb) : lapack routines cannot be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> unable to load shared library '/Users/roger/Rinstall/R-2.2.1/modules/
> lapack.so':
>    dlopen(/Users/roger/Rinstall/R-2.2.1/modules/lapack.so, 6): Symbol
> not found: _rcblas_zdotc_sub__

This comes from a work-around for the incompatible ABI of gfortran.
For some strange reason (I'd like to know why) your gfortran seems to
append two underscores.

The 'hot-fix' for your particular setup is to edit src/modules/lapack/
vecLibg95c.c and replace everything between #ifdef and #endif at the
beginning of the file by one simple
# define F77_SYMBOL(x)   x ## __

In the meantime I'll see if I can get a better fix committed.

Thanks,