[R-SIG-Mac] Rcmdr on Mac OS 10.4.4

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Sat Jan 21 04:56:15 CET 2006

All,
   The problem seems to be that tcltk just won't load, nor can it be
installed from CRAN.  Any ideas?  Even clean installs of R (on
machines never having had R installed) reproduce this problem.  Is it
just broken for the latest release, or what?

as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/
libs/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
tcltk/libs/tcltk.so
   Reason: image not found
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'tcltk'

On 19-Jan-06, at 4:00 AM, r-sig-mac-request at stat.math.ethz.ch wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:22:56 -0600 (CST)
> From: elijah wright <elw at stderr.org>
> Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Rcmdr on Mac OS 10.4.4
> To: John Vokey <vokey at uleth.ca>
> Cc: r-sig-mac at stat.math.ethz.ch
>

>> I vaguely remember having Rcmdr work on a pervious installation of R
>> under an older version of OS X, but all attempts to get it to work
>> currently fail, as the package won't load correctly.  What am I
>> missing,
>> or am I actually having a false memory as it never worked on R for
>> OS X?
>
> I had it working at one point, but that was quite a while ago now.
>
> You are starting it from an R that knows about X11 and an appropriate
> tcl/tk (for X11), no?
>
> --elijah
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:13:43 -0800
> From: "Putler, Dan" <Dan.Putler at sauder.ubc.ca>
> Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Rcmdr on Mac OS 10.4.4
> To: John Vokey <vokey at uleth.ca>
> Cc: r-sig-mac at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> Hi John,
>
> I have been working with it for the past few days. Actually in an
> effort to figure out if there is an easier way to allow people to
> load it on their machines. I have loaded the current version of Rcmdr
> under 10.4.4 and the CRAN 2.2.1 version of R. I assume you have X11
> installed, and running before trying to invoke Rcmdr. If you have
> recently upgraded to R 2.2.1, and had a 2.1 version running before,
> make sure you have reinstalled all of the packages Rcmdr is hoping
> for. They are, in alphabetical order: abind, car, effects, lmtest,
> multcomp, mvtnorm, relimp, rgl, sandwitch, strucchange, and zoo.
>
> Dan

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey