[R-SIG-Mac] problem including jpeg & png support for R-2.2.1 under OS-X on G5s

Stephen Shiboski steve at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 20 21:27:20 CET 2006

For some reason, my builds of R (OS X 10.4.4, gcc 3.3) on our G5
machines
aren't picking up these libraries (as evidenced by the output of the
capabilities() command), even though they exist and check out
as OK in config.log.

However, the G4 builds include both. The only difference I see  in
the configurations
are the use of G5-specific optimization flags on the G5s:
     CFLAGS='-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mpowerpc64 -mpowerpc-gpopt'

Any suggestions appreciated.

-SS