[R-SIG-Mac] (no subject)

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Thu Jan 5 17:29:33 CET 2006

Thanks Jan. The syntax coloring you forwarded works fine in Smultron.
Does Smultron support rectangular selections?

Last year I used Smultron quite a bit to test with external editors
in R.app
and indeed found it a really nice editor.  And it also worked fine with
AppleScript (to submit a selection or the entire source file to R).  The
sourceforge version has added several neat features!

At some point I integrated the Smultron source into R.app to see how
difficult that would be. A simple test turned out fairly easy, but
dropped
that idea in favor of the current setup in R.app (everybody can pick
his/her
own favorite editor and open/quit of R and editor are decoupled).

Tried to make Smultron multiple window (like the R.app internal
editor and
SubEthaEdit, a request which at that time had been turned down by
Peter). Would indeed require a lot of work (if at all possible). The
only other minor feature I find surprising is the difference between
Command-Q and clicking the window close button.

After your emails I downloaded the latest version and Smultron
definitely
is a nice editor and the project feature works well/is useful.

Rob