[R-SIG-Mac] [R] RMySQL Error Messages, crashing R

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Feb 20 15:41:53 CET 2006

Jason,

please consult the R FAQ for Mac OS X, this has been discussed many
times - run
sudo gcc_select 3.3

Just in case you are using Xcode 2.2.1, you may also want to read this:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2006-January/002593.html

As it says, last time I checked, I had no problem using the stock
MySQL libraries (i.e. simply the binary from www.mysql.com), no need
to re-compile it.