[R-SIG-Mac] Making Fortran shared objects on Mac

Emmanuel Sharef ess28 at cornell.edu
Sun Dec 17 15:45:12 CET 2006

On Dec 17, 2006, at 6:41 AM, Paul Roebuck wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Emmanuel Sharef wrote:
>
>> I get the following error when trying to compile some Fortran code to
>> a shared object using R CMD SHLIB:
>>
>> Am I perhaps missing something, or is something improperly
>> configured?
>
> What version of Xcode did you install? The current version
> is 2.4.1.

Thank you Paul, you are brilliant! I had installed Xcode 2.0 from my
old Tiger installation CD and assumed it would be updated to the
latest version via Software Update. It doesn't do that...
Going to Apple's website and downloading the latest Xcode fixed the
problem.

Thanks to everyone who replied for all your help!