[R-SIG-Mac] quantile() bus error

urb_r at b-q-c.com urb_r at b-q-c.com
Tue Aug 29 10:45:46 CEST 2006

Jennifer,

you didn't tell us what tools you use, but my guess would be that
you're using Apple's gcc which is broken. Although I don't quite see
the point in building R 2.3.1 from sources on a Mac, you can do so
using gcc 4.0.3 that comes with the R 2.3.1 binary or is available
separately from
http://r.research.att.com
Alternatively you should be able to use any recent gcc >= 4.0.3 as
long as you have a matching gfortran and Apple's gcc driver.