[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz installation problem

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Sat Aug 19 03:37:12 CEST 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 5:59 PM, Seth Falcon wrote:

> Michael Kubovy <kubovy at virginia.edu> writes:
>> Works perfectly!
>>
>> Except:
>>
>> library(Rgraphviz)
>> set.seed(123)
>> V <- letters[1:10]
>> M <- 1:4
>> g1 <- randomGraph(V, M, .2)
>> plot(g1, "neato")
>>
>> Crashes R:
>>
>>  *** caught bus error ***
>> address 0x0, cause 'invalid alignment'
>
> Hmm, I suspect your are getting caught by having more than one version
> of graphviz installed on your system.  Here are a few things to try...
>
> In R, do:
>
> rglibs <- system.file("libs/Rgraphviz.so", package="Rgraphviz")
> system(paste("otool -L", rglibs))
>
> This will only work, I suspect, if you have the Xcode tools installed
> already, but it should tell you which version of graphviz, your
> Rgraphviz is linked against.

No such luck. AFAIK, I have Xcode (I downloaded the latest developer
tools recently), but:

 > rglibs <- system.file("libs/Rgraphviz.so", package="Rgraphviz")
 > system(paste("otool -L", rglibs))
 > rglibs
[1] ""

The system command returned nothing.

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/