[R-SIG-Mac] Rgraphviz installation problem

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Fri Aug 18 21:12:04 CEST 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Seth Falcon wrote:

> I'm going to try and summarize, but I can't easily test this, so I
> would appreciate it others could confirm, etc.
>
> To install Rgraphviz on OSX when using the binary installation of R
> downloaded from CRAN (that is, the R app), do the following:
>
> 1. Install the _graphviz_ binary from http://r.research.att.com/.
>
> 2. Install the _binary_ version of the BioC Rgraphviz package:
>
>      source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>      biocLite("Rgraphviz")

Works perfectly!

Except:

library(Rgraphviz)
set.seed(123)
V <- letters[1:10]
M <- 1:4
g1 <- randomGraph(V, M, .2)
plot(g1, "neato")

Crashes R:

  *** caught bus error ***
address 0x0, cause 'invalid alignment'

Traceback:
1: .Call("Rgraphviz_doLayout", graph, as.integer(type), PACKAGE =
"Rgraphviz")
2: layoutGraph(g)
3: agopen(x, name = name, layout = TRUE, layoutType = y, attrs =
attrs,     nodeAttrs = nodeAttrs, edgeAttrs = edgeAttrs, subGList =
subGList,     recipEdges = recipEdges)
4: .local(x, y, ...)
5: plot(g1, "neato")
6: plot(g1, "neato")

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/