[R-SIG-Mac] 2.3.0 make install fails with error

Michael Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Sun Apr 30 02:24:22 CEST 2006

Yup, exact same problem for me .. my config looked like:

R is now configured for powerpc-apple-darwin8.6.0

   Source directory:          .
   Installation directory:    /Library/Frameworks

   C compiler:                gcc  -g -O2 -std=gnu99
   Fortran 77 compiler:       gfortran  -g -O2

   C++ compiler:              g++  -g -O2
   Fortran 90/95 compiler:    f95

   Interfaces supported:      X11, aqua, tcltk
   External libraries:        readline, BLAS(generic), LAPACK(in blas)
   Additional capabilities:   JPEG, iconv, MBCS, NLS
   Options enabled:           framework, R profiling

   Recommended packages:      yes

And my system is an iBook G3 with OS 10.4.6.  I've compiled R several
times without any problems until this version, so I'm not sure
exactly what the issue is. Perhaps the problem is somewhere in:
./doc/Makefile.in:HELP2MAN = $(PERL) $(top_srcdir)/tools/help2man.pl

+mt