[R-SIG-Mac] .mpkg not recognized

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Apr 28 00:06:15 CEST 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Martin Henry H. Stevens wrote:

> I can't install any R binaries any more, and have always done so in
> the past. The problem seems to be that my Mac no longer
> recognizes .mpkg i.e. doesn't know how to open it. I cannot find
> anything called Apple Installer on my machine (if I am supposed to
> have/see that...)?

Yes, it should be
/Application/Utilities/Installer.app

If you don't have it, that's definitely bad. Possibly you can pull it
off the OS X Installation CD - it's living in /Application/Utilities
there as well (directly in the root of the CD) - just drag it to your
disk. Also try to look in your Trash.