[R-SIG-Mac] plier source compilation error related to dylib

S Kong skong at mac.com
Thu Apr 20 18:47:13 CEST 2006

Hello, I was trying to install BioConductor plier package under R64
of Simon's.  ( Quad G5 + 10.4.6 + Xcode 2.2.1 + powerpc-apple-darwin8-
gcc-4.0.1) The plier package is an expression index calculation
algorithm for  Affymetrix microarray
In the end, I gave up with the BioConductor plier package and started
with Affymetrix plier source code to build .so.
But errors were that dylib could not be found for libgfortran.
0.dylib,  ibgcc_s.1.0.dylib, and libreadline.5.dylib.
Those dylib are located at /usr/local/lib64/R/lib/
Could anyone help me with this? Thanks!!!

% R64 CMD SHLIB affyplier.cpp plieralg.cpp plier_impl.cpp rwrapper.cpp
g++ -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -m64 -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib64/R/lib -o affyplier.so affyplier.o plieralg.o
plier_impl.o rwrapper.o   -L/usr/local/lib64/R/lib -lR
ld64 warning: in affyplier.o, file does not contain requested
architecture
ld64 warning: indirect library libgfortran.0.dylib could not be
loaded: file not found: libgfortran.0.dylib
ld64 warning: indirect library libgcc_s.1.0.dylib could not be
loaded: file not found: libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
ld64 warning: indirect library libreadline.5.dylib could not be
loaded: file not found: libreadline.5.dylib