[R-SIG-Mac] Help with R on a Mac

Benjamin Arthur kojampa at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 16 02:39:12 CEST 2006

Hello,
I am having difficulty getting R to work on my Mac OS X 10.4.6 powerbook G4
and also with downloading emacs. I have been able to download the R but when
I double click the icon I get a page with the copyright info and a few
commands about license and to quit, etc. Executing the 'help.start()'
command from that screen, opens another window with manuals, reference, etc.
Could anyone help me to get R working with the partition screen from emacs
on my computer? Or does the Mac have a better editor that I could use to
navigate through R. I will most appreciate that. Thanks!