[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.1.1 available in DarwinPorts

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 21:44:10 CEST 2005

Hi Simon,

I actually changed the Portfile so that when the host is running OS X
the Apple gcc-3.3 and g++-3.3 get used instead of the GNU compilers
that are installed by DarwinPorts.  For some reason on my computer -
lcc_dynamic is passed to gcc-3.3 when libR.dylib is created (see
below) but it looks like this is specific to me.  I am testing a
Portfile with -lcc_dynamic included in LDFLAGS and it looks like it
still works for me (but honestly why wouldn't it).  Hopefully it will
work for Elijah and Jim too.

Kjell

On 7 Sep 2005, at 12:25, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> -lcc_dynamic is still missing ... it won't work without it, at
> least not in your setup.
>
> Kjell, how are you building the darwinports? I suspect that the
> problem is in your compilers as I was pointing out to you earlier -
> by using different compilers you make it impossible for others to
> use your build unless you put all your compiler in as dependencies,
> because each compiler build uses different flags. For example the
> cc_dynamic is merely Apple's soft-link to libgcc.a so if you don't
> use Apple's gcc, you don't have cc_dynamic. But if you have Apple's
> gcc3 (which most people do as it's part of Darwin), you need it.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>

>>> Here is cc_dynamic, right between readline and math:
>>>
>>> gcc-3.3 -dynamiclib -L/opt/local/lib -dynamiclib -install_name
>>> libR.dylib
>>> -compatibility_version 2.1.0  -current_version 2.1.1
>>> -headerpad_max_install_names -o libR.dylib  Rembedded.lo
>>> CConverters.lo
>>> CommandLineArgs.lo Rdynload.lo Renviron.lo RNG.lo apply.lo
>>> arithmetic.lo
>>> apse.lo array.lo attrib.lo base.lo bind.lo builtin.lo
>>> character.lo coerce.lo
>>> colors.lo complex.lo connections.lo context.lo cov.lo cum.lo dcf.lo
>>> datetime.lo debug.lo deparse.lo deriv.lo dotcode.lo dounzip.lo
>>> dstruct.lo
>>> duplicate.lo engine.lo envir.lo errors.lo eval.lo format.lo
>>> fourier.lo
>>> gevents.lo gram.lo gram-ex.lo graphics.lo identical.lo internet.lo
>>> iosupport.lo lapack.lo list.lo logic.lo main.lo mapply.lo
>>> match.lo memory.lo
>>> model.lo names.lo objects.lo optim.lo optimize.lo options.lo
>>> par.lo paste.lo
>>> pcre.lo platform.lo plot.lo plot3d.lo plotmath.lo print.lo
>>> printarray.lo
>>> printvector.lo printutils.lo qsort.lo random.lo regex.lo
>>> registration.lo
>>> relop.lo saveload.lo scan.lo seq.lo serialize.lo size.lo sort.lo
>>> source.lo
>>> split.lo sprintf.lo startup.lo subassign.lo subscript.lo
>>> subset.lo summary.lo