[R-SIG-Mac] vecLib and building R from source

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 02:11:32 CEST 2005

I have both the gcc3.4.4 compilers and the gcc4.0.1 compilers.  When
I use 3.4.4 the configure script does not link against the blas in
vecLib but it does when I use 4.0.1.  However, I remember seeing an
email here that said use the 3.4.x compilers unless you have a good
reason not to (and the good reason was wanting a 64 bit build which I
don't).  Is this still the prevailing wisdom?  I want a safe, stable,
useable build.  Is it better to use 3.4.4 w/o vecLib or 4.0.1 w/ vecLib?

Thanks,
Kjell

PS Is it possible to search the r-sig-mac archives?