[R-SIG-Mac] g77 and tcl/tk

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 04:11:15 CEST 2005

On 24/10/2005, at 8:00 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>> how would I uninstall the previous tcl/tk and g77 though (assuming
>> it's
>> necessary)?
>>

> There is no Apple way to uninstall packages. In theory the list of
> files is in the receipt, but Apple provides no uninstaller. And as I

Apple and other developers do sometimes provide scripts which
uninstall packages by reading the BOM in the package receipts.  Have
a look at the one that comes with Xcode.  It should not be too hard
to hack that up for another package.

The caution has to be that uninstalling like that is perilous because
there is no dependency checking.

Bill Northcott