[R-SIG-Mac] warning while compiling a package

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sat Oct 22 22:17:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

I use a few small packages put together by Roger Bivand to help with
importing spatial data. These are changing frequently and not yet on
CRAN.

Today I compiled a new one. Should I be worried about a warning about
"multiple definitions of symbol _signgam":

Avis dans install.packages(file.choose(), , NULL, type = "source") :
      argument 'lib' is missing: using /Users/dchabot/Library/R/library
* Installing *source* package 'Rgshhs' ...
** libs
gcc-3.3 -no-cpp-precomp -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
include  -I/usr/local/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c Rgshhs.c -o
Rgshhs.o
gcc-3.3 -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -
o Rgshhs.so Rgshhs.o  -lcc_dynamic -F/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/.. -framework R
ld: warning ** R
multiple definitions of symbol _signgam
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/../R.framework/R(lgamma.lo)
definition of _signgam
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(gamma9.o) definition of _signgam
** inst
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'Rgshhs'
      Formats: text html latex example
   Rgshhs                            text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (Rgshhs)

By they way, thank you to those who have contributed to the release
of R2.2 for Mac and the R.app for mac, it is really appreciated.

Maybe now that this big milestone is over, someone will have a bit of
time to look at my previous message about a graphic looking different
(missing one tick label) on quartz than on pdf and on the default
graphics device on Windows?

I'll post again if you missed it.

sincerely,

Denis Chabot