[R-SIG-Mac] R-2.2.0

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Oct 20 01:10:55 CEST 2005

On Oct 15, 2005, at 1:19 AM, John Maindonald wrote:

> What is the status of the files on Simon's page?  Are these
> essentially beta versions, or are they "unofficial"?

They are daily/nightly builds of the current R-devel and R-patched -
they are not "official", but very close the CRAN releases, because
they use the same building scripts (on the same machine). You are
encouraged to use those (namely R-patched) when reporting bugs.

The content of the R-2.2.0.dmg image is the R 2.2.0 sources build,
but it differs slightly from the release, because it contains only
the framework package (and there are two other minor details) - I'll
remove it soon, because the CRAN version should be used now.

Just a side note in case you were busy using the installers for R-
devel and R-patched - should the installer ever prevent you from
installing an R-framework package due to version conflict, run the
following in the Terminal:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/R-Framework.pkg