[R-SIG-Mac] can't stop the pluses

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Mon Oct 17 10:41:12 CEST 2005

Keith Satterley wrote:
> I had a similar problem, pressing every control code I could, along with
> most other combinations, however a simple right curved bracket seemed to
> make the interpreter happy!
>
> Keith S.
>
> Paul Baer wrote:
>

>>Sometimes when I put in a bad command, which appears incomplete to
>>the interpreter I suppose, I get a "+" and then can't abort the
>>input. Neither control-C or command-period will get me out of it.
>>What should I do? (Other than restart R?)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>pb

actually, everthing which causes a 'syntax error' in that situation,
e.g. if you type something like:

 > f((a)
+

(where there is a second opening parenthesis), you could enter
everything which  would _not_ be aloud syntactically after the closing
paranthesis (e.g. a "=", any number/letter, a brace, ...).

but if one of the developers stumbles over this: there _should_ be a
clean way to get out of the loop (I seem to recall that ESC worked once
upon a time ..), right?

regards,

joerg