[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with lapack.so compiling R 2.2.0 from source under Tiger

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Oct 13 05:32:26 CEST 2005

Bill,

On Oct 12, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Bill Northcott wrote:

> You appear to have two different versions of the compiler installed
> on top of each other (they have different versions and the same
> prefix).  I am sort of surprised you can build anything at all.

As I can see from the build path It is my build of gfortran which I
know that worked at  that time with Xcode 2.1. It doesn't mess with
Xcode at all, so it is safe to use and even un-install - in fact it
uses /usr and prefix which is identical to Xcode as you can see, so
it's compatible. I have just checked today and that build works fine,
even passes make check with R 2.2.0 given you apply the underscores
patch I posted. Nevertheless, you're of course free to use more
recent gfortran.