[R-SIG-Mac] Buglets in 2.2

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Nov 1 00:04:59 CET 2005

Tim, thanks for the reports.

On Oct 31, 2005, at 1:56 PM, Tim Cole wrote:

> The package tools:RGUI includes a script called "avaliable
> packages" which looks to be spelt wrongly.

That is a work-around for a bug in R 2.2.0 release where the mac-
binary installation code uses the misspelled function. Unfortunately
no one noticed it during the alpha/beta phase, so it was only fixed
in R-patched after the release.

> If I do an extended search the results window has a garbled title.
> For example searching for 'bug' gives a window called Help topics
> matching ,Äòbug,Äô

Thanks, that's an encoding issue - fixed now in GUI revision 1956.

> It would be nice when setting the working directory to be able to
> double-click the folder name to select it, as with file names in
> the file open dialog.

That's not really possible (AFAICS), because double-click advances
into that directory. Without it there would be no way to browse into
directories in the icon view.