[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.1.0a w/ Tiger: can't install BioC packages

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 26 05:36:38 CEST 2005

Hi Jake,

Jacob Michaelson <jjmichael at comcast.net> writes:
> I can't seem to get R 2.1.0a to install BioC packages using the
> packages & data > package installer command.  The packages appear
> under both source and binary, but when I click to install a package,
> nothing happens.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I even tried
> the nightly build of the GUI, but nothing.

We've just posted the OS X binary packages to the Bioconductor website
(Stefano has been hard at work to create these packages).  And they
have not yet been announced as we haven't had a chance to fully test
them yet.

I believe that I experienced the same issue you are reporting: The
Bioc binary packages are visible, but selecting one or more packages
and clicking the Install button does not result in an installation
attempt.

I assure you this will be resolved in short order.  In the meantime, I
found the following to work and you can give it a try if you are
impatient to get the Bioc packages loaded ;-)

>From the drop-down box where Bioconductor binary repos is selected,
select the Other repository option where you enter your own URL of a
repository.  Then enter: http://www.bioconductor.org.  Check the
binary package checkbox and then get list.  You should see the same
list of packages, only now they should be installable.  YMMV.

Best,

+ seth