[R-SIG-Mac] Re: Building terminal R that used Aqua Tcl/Tk

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sat May 14 01:32:19 CEST 2005

Dan

Tiger comes with Aqua Tcl/Tk included. Just compile with

configure --with-aqua --with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack

and it will automatically use the Aqua Tcl/Tk. Then load the tcltk
package, which I do automatically at R startup, and R will open
as a Terminal based Tcl/Tk application that has access to the Tcl/Tk
eventloop
and will use that for interaction with Tk and with the Quartz device.

If this does not work, and you get the dreaded SetFrontProcess error
(you cannot interact with the graphics windows), go to
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec and say

sudo /Developer/Tools/Rez -t APPL Carbon.r -o R

and then it will work.

You'll have the Aqua Rcmdr (see attached), but since you dont have x11
support there will be no rgl.

-- Jan