[R-SIG-Mac] R-2.1.0 Batteries Included for Tiger with Aqua Tcl/Tk

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Fri May 13 15:21:15 CEST 2005

There is some info on Simon's wiki, but the list is incomplete. Also,
the packages do not really "fail", because R-core does not ask
authors to
comply with gfortran-4.0 language standards, and because gfortran-4.0
is far from bug-free and finished anyway. I'll be suggesting "fiixes"
to the
package authors over the next few months.

On May 12, 2005, at 23:08 , Jari Oksanen wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 22:44 -0700, Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>
>> I updated (in the first time in six months) the version of R in
>>
>> http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub
>>
>> It comes with over 700 pre-installed packages, about 500 have been
>> recompiled for Tiger. I am waiting for the new version of
>> Bioconductor
>> and I will integrate. Also, some CRAN packages do not compile with
>> gfortran-4.0, and some non-CRAN packages have not been recompiled.
>> So some things do not work for sure.
>>

> Is the list of these failing Fortran packages (with error messages)
> available somewhere? (didn't see on the web page given above.)
>
> cheers, jari oksanen
> --
> Jari Oksanen -- Dept Biology, Univ Oulu, 90014 Oulu, Finland
> email jari.oksanen at oulu.fi, homepage http://cc.oulu.fi/~jarioksa/

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu ++++++ http://www.cuddyvalley.org