e: [R-SIG-Mac] gcc 4.0.0 apple build 5018 with gfortran

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Mon May 9 00:21:35 CEST 2005

On 08/05/2005, at 8:00 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] gcc 4.0.0 apple build 5018 with gfortran
>

> Tiger (more precisely Xcode 2.0) comes by default with both gcc 3.3
> and gcc 4.0. You can switch between those using sudo gcc_select (i.e.
> sudo gcc_select 3.3 and sudo gcc_select 4.0 ) - no need to use old
> Xcode.

Does your build include the patch for the Alternate Entry Point bug
(PR13082) which was committed to the FSF sources on 28 April (after
the gcc-4.0.0 release)?  I have manually applied this patch to Apple
code and it seems to work.

This is a very important patch.  Without it, although R will compile,
a lot of Fortran code including Octave and possibly some R packages
will not.

Bill Northcott