[R-SIG-Mac] problem installing BMA with R.Gui (2.1.0) on Tiger

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri May 6 23:41:04 CEST 2005

On May 6, 2005, at 4:40 PM, Anestis Antoniadis wrote:

> Dear Ian,
> many thanks for proposing your help.
> Let's wait first  some suggestions from ROb.

Um... I'm not sure what Rob can do here - basically you have two
1) use R from CRAN and switch to gcc3 and g77
or
2) make the package Fortran95 compliant

As of 1)
The R binary on CRAN was built on Panther using gcc3, so you need to
switch your Tiger tools to use gcc3 and g77. You can do that as follows:
a) in Terminal run:
sudo gcc_select 3.3
b) get g77 from HPC pages ( http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ ) and install it
Now you should be able to compile the package.
One you're done, you can switch back to gcc 4 if desired with sudo
gcc_select 4.0

As of 2)
Well, I'm not a Fortran programmer, either, so I can't help you with
that one. You may ask some Fortran-savvy folks for help.