[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD SHLIB problem

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 5 18:54:24 CEST 2005

I am getting an error when I try to compile some C code in one of my
projects.  I just upgraded my mini to Tiger and I installed R 2.1.0
(with all the gui goodness) from the dmg on CRAN.  The installation
seems to have created a link /usr/bin/R that points somewhere in the
bowels of the R framework.  Anyway, when I use R CMD SHLIB in the
terminal I get the following error:

[macaw] src> R CMD SHLIB convex.c
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
include  -I/usr/local/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c convex.c -o
convex.o
gcc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -o
convex.so convex.o  -lcc_dynamic -framework R
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcc_dynamic
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [convex.so] Error 1

Kjell