[R-SIG-Mac] problem installing BMA with R.Gui (2.1.0) on Tiger

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Thu May 5 18:42:34 CEST 2005

Anestis,

Trying this on R.app for R-2.1.0 following the hints on Simon's Wiki
page:

* Installing *source* package 'BMA' ...
** libs
gfortran   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c fwleaps.f -o fwleaps.o
     npackage installation failed
** Removing '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.1.0/Resources/
library/BMA'
** Restoring previous '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.1.0/
Resources/library/BMA'

and in the console:

In file fwleaps.f:240

        sbs(curr)=cl(lb)
           1
Error: Array index at (1) must be of INTEGER type
In file fwleaps.f:255

        rss(curr)=rsret
           1
Error: Array index at (1) must be of INTEGER type
make: *** [fwleaps.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'BMA'

 From below output you have not updated the Fortran compiler, nor
updated the
links as on the TigeR page of the Wiki (1st 2 sections, I did make a
small update
to the page yesterday).

 From above output it seems the gcc-4 Fortran is more strict then
g77. I believe
Stefano has compiled a binary for 2.1.0, but I guess that failed as
well as the
package is kind of empty. I can have a look after this weekend.

Rob