[R-SIG-Mac] R refuses to run

Jessi Brown jessilbrown at gmail.com
Sun May 1 03:23:38 CEST 2005

Hello all. I apologize if there's an obvious solution to my problem,
but I'm afraid I don't know my way around UNIX well enough to narrow
down the cause of the problem.

A few weeks ago, after downloading the LME4 library and working on
some mixed models, the R version 2.0.1 crashed (I was then running Mac
OS X 10.3.8). It then would refuse to run (GUI window opens briefly,
then closes again), when either selected from the Finder or when
prompted in Terminal (R.app). I tried to trash everything I could find
to do with R, including R.app from the Applications folder and the
R-framework folder from the System:Library and do a "clean" reinstall,
but the restored version still refused to run.

Recently I've upgraded the system to 10.3.9, and just yesterday ran
the R 2.1.0 installer, but still nothing! I'm sorry that I have no bug
report or crash log to offer, but if someone tells me where to look
for it, I'll acquire it. Please, any advice as to what to do to regain
the use of R!

cheers, Jessi Brown
University of Nevada-Reno