[R-SIG-Mac] Cocoa gui with embedded R framework

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 21:33:45 CET 2005

Simon,

The way I am imagining this working out is that the linked path and
R_HOME will both be set dynamically relative to the location of R.app
when it is launched.  The @executable_path token seems to do the trick
for the linked path.  R.app always finds libR.dylib in the embedded
framework even if the R_HOME variable is not set.  Tomorrow I will try
to get Rcontroller to set R_HOME relative to the location of R.app at
launch.  Then (again the way I am imagining things) everything should
work unless you move R.app while it is running - which hopefully the OS
won't let you do.

Kjell