[R-SIG-Mac] Graphviz again ...

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 10 21:04:22 CET 2005

Did anyone try to use the frameworks in the pixelglow version of
graphviz ?

On Mar 10, 2005, at 10:41 , Rob J Goedman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Got a question earlier this week on installing Rgraphviz and I'm
> having problems. Maybe
> someone using it on Mac OS can help out here.
>
> I pretty much followed the steps on Stefano's site (downloading
> graphviz-2.2 source,
> ./configure --without-tcltk, make and sudo make install. Seems to
> work fine.
>
> During the 2nd step, installing Rgraphviz, the problem occurs. Either
> using R.app
> or R CMD INSTALL ./Rgraphviz_1.5.0.tar.gz, results in:
>
> trying URL
> `http://www.bioconductor.org/src/contrib/Rgraphviz_1.5.0.tar.gz'
> Content type `application/x-gzip' length 660978 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 645Kb
>
> * Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
> checking for graphviz... checking for dotneato-config...
> /usr/local/bin/dotneato-config
> /usr/local/bin/dotneato-config
> failed
> ** Removing
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library/
> Rgraphviz'
> ** Restoring previous
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library/
> Rgraphviz'
>

> Trying the previous version of Rgraphviz_1.4.0 results in the same
> problem. Found another
> helpful note in the archives for Linux, but that didn't change
> anything.
>
> Running 'dotneato-config --version' in a terminal returns 2.2 and
> 'which dotneato-config' returns
>  /usr/local/bin/dotneato-config.
>
> This is on 10.3.8, latest R.app (1257) and Xcode 1.5 installed.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

===
Jan de Leeuw; Distinguished Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of
Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu