[R-SIG-Mac] Graphviz again ...

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Thu Mar 10 19:41:23 CET 2005

Hi,

Got a question earlier this week on installing Rgraphviz and I'm having
problems. Maybe
someone using it on Mac OS can help out here.

I pretty much followed the steps on Stefano's site (downloading
graphviz-2.2 source,
./configure --without-tcltk, make and sudo make install. Seems to work
fine.

During the 2nd step, installing Rgraphviz, the problem occurs. Either
using R.app
or R CMD INSTALL ./Rgraphviz_1.5.0.tar.gz, results in:

trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/src/contrib/Rgraphviz_1.5.0.tar.gz'
Content type `application/x-gzip' length 660978 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 645Kb

* Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
checking for graphviz... checking for dotneato-config...
/usr/local/bin/dotneato-config
/usr/local/bin/dotneato-config
failed
** Removing
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library/
Rgraphviz'
** Restoring previous
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.0.1/Resources/library/
Rgraphviz'

Trying the previous version of Rgraphviz_1.4.0 results in the same
problem. Found another
helpful note in the archives for Linux, but that didn't change anything.

Running 'dotneato-config --version' in a terminal returns 2.2 and
'which dotneato-config' returns
  /usr/local/bin/dotneato-config.

This is on 10.3.8, latest R.app (1257) and Xcode 1.5 installed.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Rob