[R-SIG-Mac] R Package compilation problem with Fortran

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jun 10 16:43:30 CEST 2005

Brian,

On Jun 10, 2005, at 12:11 AM, Brian Beckage wrote:

> g77   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c cidxcn.f -o cidxcn.o
> make: g77: Command not found
> make: *** [cidxcn.o] Error 127
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Hmisc'
>
> But I appear to have a Fortran compiler installed:
>
> 'which g77' yields '/sw/bin/g77'

How did attempt to compile the package? This is clearly an issue with
setting your PATH correctly. Running R CMD INSTALL (or R itself) in
the same shell that has the PATH you describe should work. But I
suspect that's not what you're doing ... therefore it's important to
know how exactly you try to install it ...