[R-SIG-Mac] some errors

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Jun 9 20:01:14 CEST 2005

Solved! (This is very embarasing, I had a .Rprofile in my test
directory... - Thanks for pointing me to
$R_HOME/library/base/R/Rprofile, allowing me to debug my problem)

Ok, solution: The by far preferred way to set the startup libraries is
by creating a .Renviron file in ~. The file looks like

R_LIBS=/Users/kdh/Library/R/library

(replace kdh with username). Other environment variables may be placed
in the file as well, I have R_PAPERSIZE and R_EDITOR. Relevant help
page: ?Startup

Question: (and I know this is not Mac-specific): where do I find a list
of environment variables which R respects? Specifically, it is possible
to make R _not_ save the workspace upon exit by setting something in
either .Renviron or .Rprofile. I know it can be done by a
re-compilation.

Thanks for all the help

Kasper

--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen