[R-SIG-Mac] some errors

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 9 05:48:12 CEST 2005

Hi Kasper,

On  8 Jun 2005, k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk wrote:
> On the terminal as well as using ESS (Emacs) I can not get
> .libPaths() to include /Users/kdh/Library/R despite the fact that I
> have exported it from ~/.profile and the variable is set (output
> below).  I have also tried using ~/.Renviron

I suspect the issue here is that Emacs isn't picking up your
environment.  GUI apps started from the Finder don't get the same
environment (.profile, .bash_profile, etc.) that apps started from the
Terminal do.

My solution: I start my Emacs from Terminal and then it inherits the
proper PATH and other env vars such as R_LIBS.

There is another possible solution that involves editing
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, but I never managed to get that working
as I wanted.

Best,

+ seth