[R-SIG-Mac] R.app and R-devel (2.2)

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 13:58:45 CEST 2005

I am trying to build R.app fetched from the subversion repository a
few hours ago against r-devel (2.2) as of 22 May on MacOS X 10.4.1
with gcc-4.0 and gfortran.

The build of Reditor is breaking because the definition of
EncodeElement has been changed in R 2.2:

R 2.1 src/include/Print.h:58

char *EncodeElement(SEXP, int, int);

R 2.2 src/include/Print.h:58

char *EncodeElement(SEXP, int, int, char);

This causes fatal errors in Reditor.m:98 and 106

         strcpy(strp, EncodeElement(invec, vrow, 0));

Before I waste much time grovelling, does anyone know what the fourth
parameter should be in the Reditor context?

Bill Northcott