[R-SIG-Mac] emacs to edit .R files: hash (#)

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 17:46:21 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I suspect this only tangentially related to R-mac, but those that are
using emacs to write/edit R code could find the following useful.

If you are using a UK keyboard layout and have remapped the standard
emacs keybindings so you can use the standard OSX ones to manipulate
text you are likely to have lost the <alt>  <3> key sequence to
produce the comment symbol #.

To remap it to F5 I used the following lisp:

(global-set-key [f5] '(lambda() (interactive) (insert-string "#")))

in my .emacs file, and now I can carry on using emacs to tinker with
my R source code.

Regards,

Federico Calboli

--
Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com