[R-SIG-Mac] g77 from R-2.1.1.dmg won't install

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Sat Jul 16 05:22:10 CEST 2005

>> Ah, everything is clear. The package doesn't require sufficient
>> rights. I just looked it up and it's my fault - the g77 I built has
>> root authentication enabled but the one in the CRAN dmg does not.
>> Strangely enough I was still able to install it but I had no
>> previous g77 ... anyway, a quick fix is to run the installer from
>> the command line with sudo. I'll fix the permission flag and re-
>> create the image.
>>

> do I need to specify a target with
>
> sudo installer -pkg g77.pkg

Federico is making a good point here.  The g77 package in the CRAN
distribution does not seem to be set to require system
authentification.  So if it is run directly, it will fail.  The
overall metapackage does require authentification, so if the g77
installer is run from that, it works.

I had the same problem.

Bill Northcott